Preserve Lenox Mountain » Archive
April 22nd, 2012 | Add a Comment
Today on Wind Wise Radio: Saving Massachusetts from IWT — Louise Barteau, Ann DeNardis, Viriginia Irvine, Andrew Wells — Sun. April 22 7pm ET We will be talking with leaders in the efforts to save Massachusetts from the onslaught of the Patrick administration and the wind developers who are attempting to put their political ambitions and their greed ahead of the interests of the citizens of Massachusetts Louise Barteau is an environmental artist living and working in Fairhaven, MA. Her studio is located approximately 1200′ from Fairhaven’s two 400′ Industrial Wind Turbines which were installed this winter and are about to be turned on this month. A reluctant activist, she was drawn into a troubling tale of covert actions between the developers, Fairhaven Wind, and the town government that began years ago when the … Read entire article »
Filed under: Headline
This site archives the PLM group's successful struggle to preserve the watershed of Lenox Mountain from industrialization. Many people helped in this fight and remain vigilant. This site will be maintained and occasionally updated as need arises. Thanks to all of you who donated your time, energy, and smarts!
Who we are.
We are people from the Berkshires who have come together out of an informed belief that siting industrial-scale wind turbines on our ridges is a not a wise choice.
We support alternative sources of energy that have real benefits for our communities.
We believe in energy efficiency and conservation.
We believe in being smart about being green.
To learn about the impacts of industrial scale wind turbines and to share what we learn with others.
To insure that our neighbors and political leaders have access to objective, unbiased information about the effects that industrial wind turbines on the ridges of the Berkshire mountains will have on our communities.
To promote the conservation of energy and the choice of smart alternative energy technologies.
To protect the health of our citizens, the beauty of our environment and the future of the Berkshires.
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?
- Remain vigilant. Educate your friends, neighbors, and family. Support other efforts to help Berkshire County and Massachusetts pursue rational energy policy. Please stay tuned.
PLM is on Facebook
Sign up to receive important updates
NEW TO THIS? NEED FACTS? START HERE!
The Top Ten False and Misleading Claims the Windpower Industry makes for Projects in the Eastern United States
- 1. Industrial wind developers are interested only in providing a public service.
- 2. Windplants do not harm wildlife.
- 3. Windplants will reduce the mining/burning of fossil fuels and lessen dependence on foreign oil.
- 4. Windplants are highly efficient and provide power for significant
numbers of homes.
- 5. Locals who oppose the wind industry are NIMBYS.
- 6. Windplants will generate significant local revenue and increase property values.
- 7. The wind industry will create many local jobs.
- 8. Wind technology is noiseless and creates few disturbances.
- 9. Wind technology consists of "windmills" on "wind farms."
- 10. Those who are concerned about windpower are not true environmentalists.
Their primary purpose is to take advantage of extraordinary income sheltering opportunities... More...
Despite industry insistence this won't happen, it already has... More...
The wind industry in the East will not put much of a dent in our reliance on fossil fuels. More...
Wind technology is relatively feckless. More...
One of the most persistent hypocrisies from corporate wind... More...
...two recently constructed windplants... have contributed virtually nothing to the local tax base. More...
This is a cruel untruth, especially in economically depressed areas... More...
Large wind turbines... create profound noise reverberations extending out... More...
The reality is that they are mammoth industrial factories... More...
The facts demonstrate otherwise. Notable environmentalists who have studied... More...
- Technology: How an industrial wind turbine works
- Output: Introduction to units and terms and how much electricity wind turbines actually produce
- Economics: Costs, subsidies, taxes, property values, jobs
- Size: Height, weight, supporting infrastructure, space requirements
- The Grid: The electrical supply system and wind's place in it
- Wildlife: Threats to birds, bats, and other animals
- Noise: Ill effects on nearby residents
- Costs vs. Benefits: Do the potential benefits outweight the adverse impacts?
- Also see the NWW introductory fact sheet [22-KB PDF]
- The Facts Regarding the Town of Lenox Turbine Proposal for Lenox Mountain — Trifold Brochure
Get your PLM Gear
WINDTOONS and MORE
Error fetching Flickr photos: A feed could not be found at http://api.flickr.com/services/rest/?method=flickr.photos.search&lang=en-us&format=feed-rss_200&api_key=9807edad05bd1986860fd2698181fc33&user_id=67674767@N06&sort=date-taken-asc&tags=toons&per_page=50
Lenox Wind Energy Research Panel Final Report
- The panel's report says the town should abandon a wind energy proposal. After four months of study, the majority of the Panel recommends the Lenox Wind Turbine proposal be abandoned because it won't be a financial benefit to Lenox, does raise health concerns and will have numerous negative environmental impacts.
- Click here to read it.
Energize Vermont — Which path?
Life with Dekalb Turbines — Noise and Flicker
Wind Turbine Sound: An Independent Investigation
Dr. Nissenbaum Interviewed
Bird Kills and Hypocrisy
Big Wind Subsidies
Are the wind turbines making people sick?
Effects of Wind Turbines on Falmouth
WINDTURBINE SYNDROME VICTIMS
Mad World of Wind Turbines
Wind Turbine Explodes
Windfarm Illness: Waubra Disease
Test of Time
Dr. Robert McMurtry MD — The Four Pillars
Welcome to Mars Hill
Ill Wind in Europe
The Voices of Tug Hill
Life Under a Windmill, Meyersville, PA
Windfall Movie Trailer
The Latest from Green BerkshiresError message: Atypical RSS/Atom feed or not supported by this plugin.
Ontario Wind Resistance
- Ross McKitrick: Climate crazy Ontari-ari-ario’s no place to grow, but to get the hell out of
Ross Mckitrick, Financial Post The latest news out of Queen’s Park is that Kathleen Wynne’s Liberals plan to deindustrialize Ontario. Of course th [...]
- What the hell is happening in Huron County?
Patti Kellar Many people are wondering what is going on and what comes next. Below is a photograph taken at the March 3rd Board of Health Meeting in H [...]
- The Liberal Party has Received over $1.3 million from 30 Renewable Energy Companies
Wind Farm Realities
- Update on Electric Prices - November 12, 2015
Its been a while since Ive updated my Ohio vs Ontario electric price charts. I own properties in both and I have my electric bills starting in 2000. [...]
- Vyn and Property Values - December 9, 2014
In January 2014 Dr. Richard Vyn, a professor at Guelph University in Ontario, published a study concluding that wind turbines have no significant effe [...]
- MPAC and Wolfe Island, again - October 28, 2014
INTRO Several months ago Stewart Fast, a new professor at Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, undertook a study of why southern Ontario was such a [...]
The Latest From WindAction
- Energy bill leaves Cape Wind unplugged
“Everything I continue to hear on Cape Wind is that they have been taken out of what’s happening right now,” Golden said. “There are a lot of [...]
- Judge rules against wind company
A Sanilac County judge will not force a township planning commission to hold a public hearing this summer on a wind company’s special land use appli [...]
- Turbine fire in Texas, again
Another turbine was consumed by fire. This time at the Prairie Dog Wind Project in Shallowater, Texas. Firefighters were rightfully concerned that bu [...]
The Latest from Wind Wise Massachusetts
- Commenters to DEP–RSG Study Unfinished - May 23, 2016
- Commenters to DEP–protect residents from noise pollution - May 22, 2016
- New Regs or Policies? Weigh in on Noise! - March 30, 2016
- If models low-ball noise, will ears cooperate? - March 15, 2016
- Wind 1 Going out of business - March 5, 2016
The Latest From Interstate Informed Citizens Coalition
MasterResource — Windpower
© 2016 Preserve Lenox Mountain